Freyssinet Australia is a multifaceted contractor providing innovative solutions from design to implementation for specialist civil engineering in Kalgoorlie.
As part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, we have a sterling reputation in the field of specialised civil engineering services. Organised in geographical zones spanning five continents, we operate in more than 100 bases with strong local roots.
From Past to Present: A Legacy of Excellence
With a history spanning several decades, Freyssinet has been a prominent player in specialist civil engineering.
- Established in the 1953 through licence holders, Freyssinet became its current form in 1983 with the acquisition of a 50% stake in Austress PCS by Freyssinet International, a global network based in France.
- By 2006, Freyssinet assumed full ownership of the organisation.
- Underwent a rebranding in 2009 after the merger with Soletanche Bachy and the global launch of a new business image and logo, solidifying its commitment to excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrated deep involvement in the Australian market even before the rebranding, consistently delivering high-quality solutions.
- A notable contribution to the Australian landscape: involvement in constructing the Gladesville Bridge in Sydney during the late 1950s.
- Company owner and creator Eugene Freyssinet played a pivotal role in the project, supplying bridge joints and flat jacks for the largest concrete arch bridge at the time.
Freyssinet maintains a strong national presence with offices strategically located in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia, and New Zealand. This extensive network enables the company to deliver exceptional engineering solutions and support various projects throughout the region.
Meeting Your Needs: Our Comprehensive Service Offerings
We have highly skilled engineers and tradespeople with specialised qualifications and extensive experience committed to delivering exceptional infrastructure repair and maintenance, such as:
Blasting and Painting
We specialise in blasting and painting steel products and have qualified NACE Coating Inspectors. Our applicators are experienced in coatings and linings used in oil and gas, mining, marine, petrol chemicals, power stations, water storage reservoirs, water tanks, pipelines, sewage treatment plants, cranes, infrastructure, structural steel industries, heritage structures, and more!
Our services include:
- Surface preparation and cleaning of surfaces prior to the application of coatings and linings.
- Provision of abrasive blasting on walls and floors.
- Removal and management of hazardous paint, such as asbestos and lead.
- Application of high-performance anti-corrosion industrial coatings.
Concrete Repair and Restoration
Our team can repair building facades, bridges, car parks, overpasses, silos, wharves, and marine and industrial structures. Services supplied for reinforced concrete include:
- Supply and erection of all access scaffolding and platforms, including custom-designed systems.
- Concrete removal by hydro demolition.
- Repair of spalling or damaged areas of concrete.
- Supply and installation of additional strengthening.
- Application of special hydraulic mortars.
- Repair and replacement of joint sealants.
- Pinning systems for render and brickwork.
- Protective and architectural coatings (PCCP4 accredited).
- Stone and brick repairs, replacement and repointing.
Freyssinet has developed considerable expertise in the repair and restoration of heritage structures. We offer a range of services in this field:
- Brickwork – structural repairs, pinning, repointing.
- Cleaning – using a range of methods for all materials, including pressure washing, patented dry and wet process and powder cleaning.
- Render repairs, replacement and new concrete work, including heritage features.
- Timber windows – repair and replacement of heritage windows.
- Lead paint management (PCCP5 accredited).
- Copper and lead repairs and new installation.
We offer cutting-edge post-tensioning systems for buildings, combining performance and durability. Our technical services design anchors, jacks and installation equipment and operate a test centre and a laboratory for formulating grouts.
We have developed an optimised solution for every application
- C range: high-strength prestressing for internal and external post-tensioning of civil structures.
- S range: slab prestressing for slab on ground and suspended slab.
- R range: for external strengthening of structures.
- X range: for external strengthening of circular structures.
- Freyssibar: the prestressing bar for civil works.
Elevate Your Projects with Freyssinet Australia
We bring together an unrivalled range of skills, offering integrated building strengthening techniques and solutions in the fields of construction and structural repair.
Our projects mostly consist of the following:
- Industrial and Energy Generation Facilities
- Marine Structures
- Oil and Gas Storage
- Water Storage
- Historic Facade
And to ensure optimal project results while still prioritising the safety of our personnel and the environment, we operate under an integrated management system. Moreover, we are certified to meet the standards of ISO 9001, AS/NZ 4801, and ISO 14001.
For more information, visit our business page by clicking here!